How To Find Expired Tumblr Domains
How to Find Expired Tumblr Domains: A Complete Guide
If you’re looking for a powerful and effective way to build high-quality backlinks to your website, expired Tumblr domains are an excellent option. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know to find and use expired Tumblr domains to improve your website’s SEO.
What Are Expired Tumblr Domains?
Tumblr is a popular blogging platform that allows users to create and share content in various formats, including text, images, and videos. When a Tumblr user stops using their account or fails to renew their domain, their Tumblr domain becomes expired and is eventually deleted. Expired Tumblr domains are the domains that have not been renewed and are available for registration by anyone.
Why Are Expired Tumblr Domains Valuable for SEO?
Expired Tumblr domains can be extremely valuable for SEO because they often have high domain authority, page authority, and backlink profiles. When you register an expired Tumblr domain and redirect it to your website, you can effectively transfer the existing authority and backlinks to your own site, giving you a significant boost in search engine rankings.
Finding Expired Tumblr Domains
There are two main methods for finding expired Tumblr domains: manual search and using tools.
Method 1: Manual Search
One way to find expired Tumblr domains is by manually searching for them using the Tumblr search bar. Simply enter a keyword related to your niche or industry and browse through the results for expired domains. This method can be time-consuming and requires patience and persistence.
Method 2: Using Tools
Another way to find expired Tumblr domains is by using various tools available on the internet. These tools include ExpiredDomains.net, Domain Hunter Gatherer, and Moonsy. These tools allow you to search for expired Tumblr domains based on various metrics such as domain authority, page authority, and backlinks.
Analyzing Expired Tumblr Domains
Before registering and redirecting an expired Tumblr domain, it’s important to analyze its metrics to ensure that it’s a valuable domain for SEO purposes.
Domain authority is a metric developed by Moz that predicts how well a website will rank on search engine result pages (SERPs). The higher the domain authority, the more likely a website will rank higher on SERPs. When analyzing an expired Tumblr domain, look for a domain authority score of at least 30.
Page authority is similar to domain authority, but it focuses on individual pages rather than entire domains. When analyzing an expired Tumblr domain, look for a page authority score of at least 20.
Backlinks are an essential part of SEO, and the more high-quality backlinks a website has, the better it will rank on search engines. When analyzing an expired Tumblr domain, look for a backlink profile that includes high-quality backlinks from authoritative websites.
Registering and Redirecting Expired Tumblr Domains
Once you’ve found an expired Tumblr domain with high metrics, it’s time to register and redirect it to your website.
Steps to Register an Expired Tumblr Domain
- Visit the Tumblr website and click on the “Sign Up” button in the top right corner of the page.
- Fill in the required information, including your email address, password, and username.
- Click on the “Sign up” button to create your account.
- Once you’ve created your account, click on the “Get Started” button to start setting up your blog.
5. Choose a name for your blog and enter it in the “URL” field.
6. Click on the “Create Blog” button to create your blog.
7. If the domain name you want is already taken, you can try adding a hyphen or a number to the end of the domain name to find an available domain.
8. Once you’ve found an available domain, click on the “Register” button to register the domain.
Redirecting an Expired Tumblr Domain
Once you’ve registered an expired Tumblr domain, the next step is to redirect it to your website. Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your domain registrar account and navigate to the DNS management page for the expired Tumblr domain you’ve registered.
- Find the option to add a new record and choose the “URL Redirect” or “Domain Forwarding” option.
- Enter the URL of your website in the “Target URL” or “Forward To” field.
- Save the changes and wait for the DNS records to propagate, which may take up to 24 hours.
After the DNS records have propagated, visitors who navigate to the expired Tumblr domain will be redirected to your website.
Tips for Maximizing the Benefits of Expired Tumblr Domains
To get the most out of your expired Tumblr domains, consider the following tips:
- Choose expired Tumblr domains with high metrics: Aim for domains with domain authority of at least 30, page authority of at least 20, and a strong backlink profile.
- Use relevant content: Redirect the expired Tumblr domain to a page on your website that’s relevant to the original content of the Tumblr blog.
- Monitor for broken links: Regularly check your backlink profile to ensure that the links are still working and that there are no broken links.
- Diversify your backlink profile: Don’t rely solely on expired Tumblr domains for your backlinks. Build a diverse backlink profile with links from various sources.
- Use 301 redirects: Make sure to use a 301 redirect to ensure that the authority and link juice of the expired Tumblr domain are transferred to your website.
In conclusion, finding expired Tumblr domains can be a great way to boost your website’s SEO and gain more traffic. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily find and register expired Tumblr domains that are relevant to your niche, and redirect them to your website to gain more backlinks and authority.
Remember to always do your research and ensure that the domain you are registering has a good backlink profile and is not penalized by Google. Additionally, be patient and persistent in your search, as finding the perfect expired Tumblr domain may take some time.
Can I register an expired Tumblr domain for free?
- No, you will need to pay a registration fee to register an expired Tumblr domain.
How long does it take for an expired Tumblr domain to become available?
- The availability of an expired Tumblr domain can vary, but it typically takes around 60 days after expiration for it to become available for registration.
Can I redirect an expired Tumblr domain to any website?
- Yes, you can redirect an expired Tumblr domain to any website that you own or control.
Will redirecting an expired Tumblr domain negatively affect my website’s SEO?
- Redirecting an expired Tumblr domain to your website can actually have a positive effect on your SEO, as it can boost your backlink profile and increase your website’s authority.
How many expired Tumblr domains can I register?
- There is no limit to the number of expired Tumblr domains that you can register, but it is important to only register domains that are relevant to your niche and have a good backlink profile.